Is your kitchen feeling a little cramped? Is it hard to find storage space for all of your pots and pans? Don’t worry, you’re not alone. A lot of people are dealing with small kitchens these days. But that doesn’t mean you have to just deal with it. There are plenty of ways you can makeover your small kitchen and make it feel more spacious. Check out the 12 tips below to get started.
1. Clean the cabinets. The first step is to give your cabinets a good cleaning. If they’re very dirty, you may need to use a degreaser first. Then wipe them down with a damp cloth and dry them with a clean towel.
2. Add a modern backsplash and grout color. This is one of the quickest and easiest ways to update your kitchen. Choose a backsplash that compliments your countertops and cabinets. Then select a grout color that contrasts with the backsplash tile.
3. Remove some upper cabinets and replace them with open shelving. This will give your kitchen a more modern feel and make it appear larger.
4. Change out the hardware. Cabinet hardware can dates a kitchen quickly. Replacing it with new, modern hardware is an easy and inexpensive way to update your space.
5. Change the faucet hardware. Another quick update is to replace your faucet hardware. This is a great way to add a pop of color or a unique touch to your kitchen.
6. Replace the countertops. If your countertops are old and outdated, replace them with new ones. This will make a big impact in the overall look of your kitchen.
7. Painted a light color on your kitchen walls. A fresh coat of paint can brighten up any space, and the kitchen is no exception. Choose a light color to make your kitchen appear larger and more open.
8. Add a new kitchen island. If you have the space, adding a kitchen island can be a great way to update your space. It provides extra countertop and storage space, and can also be used as a dining table.
9. Replace the flooring. Old, worn-out flooring can make your kitchen look dated. Replacing it with new tile, hardwood, or laminate floors will give your kitchen an instant update.
10. Add some plants. Plants can add life to any space, and the kitchen is no exception. Place a few greenery in sunny spots, and you’ll instantly feel like you’re in a different room.
11. Update the lighting. Lighting is important in any room, but it can be especially vital in the kitchen. Replacing old, outdated light fixtures with new ones is a great way to brighten up your space.
12. Change the window treatments. If your kitchen has dated window treatments, consider replacing them with something more modern. This is an easy way to add a touch of style to your space.
Implementing even just a few of these tips will help give your kitchen an updated look. But don’t stop there – keep exploring ways to makeover your space until you love the way it looks.