– 1 (1 1/2-pound) t-bone steak, about 1 1/2 inches thick
– Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
– Olive oil or vegetable oil, for brushing
– 1/4 cup dry red wine
– 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
– 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley leaves
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C).
2. Season the steak on both sides with salt and pepper. Heat a large cast-iron skillet over high heat. Add the steak and cook for 2 to 3 minutes per side, or until evenly browned.
3. Remove the steak from the pan and brush with a little oil. Place in the oven and roast for 8 to 10 minutes for rare, 10 to 12 minutes for medium-rare, or 12 to 15 minutes for medium.
4. Meanwhile, add the wine to the skillet and bring to a boil, scraping up any browned bits from the bottom of the pan. Remove from the heat and whisk in the butter and parsley.
5. When the steak is cooked to your liking, remove from the oven and let rest for 5 minutes before slicing into it. Serve with the sauce on the side. Enjoy!